Saturday, February 15, 2014

Chicken Casserole

This is another super-simple recipe made with things that I almost always have in my pantry and freezer... my favorite type of recipe! It is perfect for a weeknight family meal or even to make for guests. I made it for a church potluck recently and it was a success. It also passed my resident chef's test so I figured I would pass it along! Enjoy!

4 chicken breasts, boiled (reserve broth)
1 stick butter
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
14-oz. bag Pepperidge Farm cornbread stuffing

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease a 13 x 9" baking dish.
Cut boiled chicken into bite-sized pieces.
Put stuffing in large bowl and set aside.
Melt butter; pour over stuffing and set aside.
Mix 1 cup of chicken broth with cream of mushroom soup.
In another bowl mix 1 cup of chicken broth with cream of chicken soup.
Layer the following in greased baking dish:

1/3 of stuffing mixture
Mushroom soup mixture
1/3 of stuffing mixture
Chicken
Chicken soup mixture
1/3 of stuffing mixture

Bake for 45-60 minutes.





No comments:

Post a Comment