Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Beef and Veggie Casserole

As I have mentioned before, I love discovering recipes that use ingredients that I always have in my pantry and this fits the bill perfectly! Sometimes you just want a hearty, satisfying, all-in-one meal. This is very similar to shepherd's pie, only you used sliced potatoes instead of mashed potatoes. I made it recently and it was a huge hit! Hope you enjoy.


Ingredients:

1 pound lean ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can vegetable beef soup
1 can English peas
1 can peas and carrots
1 small can corn
2 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium high heat.
Add onions, garlic, salt, and pepper and cook until onions are tender.
Pour ground beef into a mixing bowl and add soups, canned veggies, and sliced potatoes.
Stir all ingredients together and add a little bit more salt and pepper to taste.

Pour into 11 x 7 casserole dish. Cover and bake for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender*.

*When I made this it took longer than an hour for the potatoes to get done. The next time I make it I plan to blanch them just slightly before adding them to the mixture in an effort to help them cook more quickly in the oven.


No comments:

Post a Comment