Friday, July 1, 2016

Taco Salad

Long ago, in a land far far away, I shared another taco salad recipe here. It is very tasty and always a big hit at church potlucks and such. Recently I tried THIS recipe, which although it does have a few similarities to my other recipe, it is still very different and oh my heavens is it delicious! I made it for my hubby and my brother-in-law and they loved it just as much as I do. It is very easy to throw together quickly and uses ingredients that a lot of us keep on hand. Enjoy!!

Ingredients:
1 pound lean ground beef
1 packet taco seasoning
2 Romaine lettuce hearts, chopped
1 can black beans, rinsed (I used black beans with jalapeƱos and lime juice - if you can find these they are AMAZING but regular black beans will work as well)
1 can whole kernel corn
1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup nacho cheese Doritos, broken into small pieces
1 cup Catalina dressing


Brown and crumble ground beef in a large skillet. Drain.
Add taco seasoning and water called for on seasoning packet.
Stir until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
Remove from heat and let meat cool slightly.

In a large salad bowl combine lettuce, black beans, corn, tomato, and cheese.
Add slightly cooled ground beef and gently toss to combine.
Serve now or chill in refrigerator until ready to eat.
When ready to serve, add Doritos and Catalina dressing to salad mixture.
Toss to coat.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment