Monday, June 17, 2013

Tomato Cracker Salad


It's here, the recipe for which I have had several requests! Let me start by saying that although it might not be the PRETTIEST salad you'll ever make, the taste far makes up for the appearance. This side dish has been a well-loved staple in my family for years. My dad even has memories of eating this as a kid! We had Friday night fish fry a lot when I was growing up because I had two uncles who loved to fish - this was almost always one of the sides my granny would serve. It's also great along with peas or other veggies fresh from the garden. I love it pretty much any time! Hope you enjoy.


2 medium tomatoes, peeled and diced
1/2 sleeve Club crackers or Ritz crackers (some people use saltines for this but I prefer a buttery cracker)
1/4 c. plus 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
Salt and pepper

*This recipe makes enough for 2-4 servings

Stir tomatoes and mayonnaise together, mashing tomatoes very slightly.
Crush crackers and add to tomato/mayonnaise mixture.
Add salt and pepper to taste, keeping in mind that the crackers are already salty so you won't need to add very much!

That's it. It's really that simple!

**Side note: Sometimes I like to add a diced cucumber to the salad just to change things up a bit and it is very tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment