Monday, July 8, 2013

Cabbage Stew with Smoked Sausage

I apologize for not blogging in a while.... Extra hours at work followed by having houseguests and being laid up for a week with a bad back kinda put me behind! I hope everyone had a great 4th of July holiday with friends and family! Today's recipe is one that I discovered a while back but didn't make a note of WHERE I found it so I can give proper credit. All I can tell you is that it is SUPER simple to make and super delicious! Serve it with cornbread and you have a simple yet very tasty meal. Hope you enjoy.

1 stick butter
1 large head of cabbage, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 lb. Hillshire Farm smoked beef sausage, sliced into round pieces
2 15-oz. cans diced tomatoes
1 tsp. salt

Melt butter in large skillet.
Add cabbage and onion and cook on medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, stirring to keep from sticking to pan.
Add remaining ingredients; cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes.

See, I told you it was simple! It was a hit at my house and hopefully it will be at yours as well!







2 comments:

  1. I never liked this...but I never tried it with tomatoes in it. Perhaps I'll give it another go :) Just for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a friend! :) I love pretty much anything with cabbage in it so my opinion might be a little skewed, but my resident chef isn't a huge cabbage fan and loved this one :)

      Delete