Saturday, August 26, 2017

Super Simple Meatloaf

I have been making meatloaf for years and have a recipe that is always a success. Except when it comes to my husband. He doesn't particularly care for it. SO I took his challenge and made a meatloaf that he loves and wouldn't you know, I like it a little better than the old recipe myself! :). Enjoy!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
1/2 c. onion, diced
1/2 c. green bell pepper, diced
1 egg
Salt to taste
Crushed Ritz crackers, about 15-16
1/4 c. ketchup, plus additional ketchup for topping

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine beef, onion, bell pepper, egg, salt, crackers, and ketchup by hand. Don't over-mix or meatloaf will be tough.
Spread this mixture into an 11"x7" baking dish, or you can put it in a loaf pan. If you choose to bake it in the loaf pan you will need to allow additional cooking time.
Top with ketchup, as much as you like.
Bake for 45 minutes.





No comments:

Post a Comment