Thursday, March 14, 2013

Cran-Pistachio Cookies

So today I'm breaking away from the Operation Easter Dinner series to bring you a recipe that would be GREAT for St. Patrick's Day (it's always fun to find great recipes that fit with the color scheme, right?) I made them for Christmas last year and they were a huge hit. Dad has reminded me more than once that I can make them anytime, not only for holidays! I apologize for not putting them on a pretty platter for display - this picture was taken when I made them for Christmas and I didn't know THEN that I would be doing a recipe blog! This picture doesn't show it very well, but they actually turn out to be a really nice shade of green. You'll note that the recipe yields 5 dozen cookies, so be prepared to share! Hope you enjoy.

1 pouch (1 lb. 1.5-oz.) Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
1 sm. box pistachio instant pudding mix
1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 c. butter, melted
2 eggs
1 c. dry-roasted salted pistachios, chopped
1/2 c. dried cranberries, chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
In large bowl stir together cookie mix, pudding mix and flour.
Stir in melted butter and eggs until soft dough forms.
Add pistachios and cranberries; mix well.
Roll teaspoonsful of dough into balls and place on cookie sheet. Press with fingers to slightly flatten.
Bake 9-11 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack to cool completely.
Yield: 60 cookies




No comments:

Post a Comment