Thursday, March 21, 2013

Operation Easter Dinner: Potato Salad

Our Operation Easter Dinner series continues with another Southern classic. To me, no Southern potluck is complete without potato salad. I am very fussy about potato salad, though. Basically, if it isn't like my Aunt Mary's potato salad then I don't want it.  I know a lot of people use celery or celery seed and chopped onions in their potato salad, but you won't find those things in this recipe. Also, I like to eat potato salad while it is still warm, but there are those who prefer to chill it first. This recipe is delicious either way. As a final note, when Aunt Mary gave me her recipe there were no measurements (a common trend in my family, as you've surely begun to see by now) so these measurements are approximate. Hope you enjoy!

6-8 red potatoes, boiled and diced
4 eggs, boiled and chopped
1 - 1 1/2 c. mayonnaise
Very small amount of prepared mustard, approx. 1/4 - 1/2 tsp.
2-3 Tbsp. sweet pickle relish
Pinch of sugar
Lowry's seasoned salt, to taste
Onion powder, to taste

Combine all ingredients.

That's it, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment