Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Operation Easter Dinner: Coconut Lemon Cake





I have made this for various occasions and it was a huge hit each time! I first saw it on Trisha Yearwood's show on Food Network and Dad said, "Are you making that tomorrow?" Well, I didn't make it the next day but I DID make a note of it and have made it for family reunions, funerals, etc. I will give you fair warning on one thing about this recipe: Be SURE to let the glaze thicken! The cake in this picture turned out fine, but I have made it hurriedly before and didn't let the glaze thicken enough and it made a MESS when I poured it over the cake! The cake wasn't harmed because a lot of the juice from the glaze still soaked into the cake and made it very moist, but it was no fun trying to keep glaze from running off the platter.  You'll find the recipe here:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/grandma-yearwoods-coconut-cake-with-coconut-lemon-glaze-recipe/index.html

Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment