Friday, May 24, 2013

Hawaiian Chicken Salad

 

 I apologize for not posting lately. I am a piano teacher (and on my days off I am a domestic diva LOL!) and this time of year is extremely busy with recitals, end-of-the-school-year concerts, etc. Things should be settling down now, though, so look for regular posts again very soon!
 
 
Speaking of piano recitals, I made this Hawaiian chicken salad for my students' recital reception and it was a HUGE hit! I received many compliments and requests for the recipe, so I thought it would be easiest to post it here. When I made it for the reception, I put it on sandwiches and arranged them like this:
 
 
I can't take credit for the idea of arranging finger sandwiches to look like piano keys. It's something I saw in a magazine a while back and knew that I wanted to do that for my next recital. I thought they turned out pretty well!
 
 
Now, for the recipe:
 
 
3 13-oz. cans cooked chicken breast
4 Tbsp. French salad dressing
12-oz. can pineapple tidbits, drained well
1 1/2 c. seedless grapes, halved
1/2 c. whipping cream
1/2 c. mayonnaise
Salt to taste
 
Pour French dressing over chopped chicken and toss to coat well (feel free to add more dressing if needed, but remember that you only want the chicken to be lightly coated and not swimming in dressing. A little bit goes a long way!)
Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
Combine drained pineapple and halved grapes.
Add fruit mix to chicken and toss.
With a wire whisk, blend whipping cream and mayonnaise until smooth and then mix into chicken. Add salt to taste.
Toss until well blended.
 
*Obviously this makes a fairly large amount so feel free to adjust the recipe if you aren't planning on making 50 finger sandwiches ;).
 
Enjoy!!!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment