Friday, August 26, 2016

Chicken Burritos

My stove/oven is still out of commission. Still. After a week. And there is still no firm answer from the repairman as to when the correct part will actually arrive. Ugh. So, needless to say, my slow cooker has become one of my greatest allies :). We did purchase a small electric burner so I can actually do things like, you know, boil water, fry an egg, basic kitchen needs but I still rely on the slow cooker or grill for most of our dishes. But enough of my complaining about that! I made these burritos recently and will be making them again tonight... So yummy and the possibilities are limitless! Hope you enjoy.

6 boneless skinless chicken breast tenderloins
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 can of chicken broth
Whole kernel corn (canned or frozen, whichever you prefer), prepared
1 can of black beans, prepared however you like (We like the black beans that have jalapeƱos and lime juice. Very tasty!)
Shredded cheese of your choice
Ranch dressing or sour cream
Flour tortillas

Place chicken in a slow cooker. Add chicken broth and then stir in taco seasoning.
Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours; Use two forks to shred chicken.

When I cooked these I just set everything out in assembly line form so we could make our burritos the way we wanted. You could also add the corn and black beans to your chicken mixture and let that cook in the slow cooker for a bit. Just do whatever you and your family like best!





No comments:

Post a Comment