Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Cabbage and Sausage Skillet

I could eat cabbage basically every day. I just love it and when I learned that my husband loves it just as much as I do, well, I just knew that this was a marriage made in heaven :). I made this for dinner recently and we both decided that it is going to be a go-to meal when we need something super quick, super simple and SUPER delicious! Keep in mind that the amounts listed here can easily be doubled to make more, but this is how much I made for two of us. Hope you enjoy!

Ingredients:

1 small head of cabbage, chopped into small pieces
1/2 stick butter
1 c. finely chopped sweet onion
Hillshire Farms beef smoked sausage, cut into bite-size slices
2 Tbsp. tomato paste
Salt and pepper to taste


Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and saute until onions are translucent.
Add chopped cabbage and saute until cabbage starts to wilt slightly.
Add sliced sausage. Saute until sausage starts to brown.
Finally, add tomato paste, salt, and pepper.
Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5-10 minutes.

That's it! I told you it was simple :).

No comments:

Post a Comment