Friday, February 15, 2013

Miss Geneva's Oreo Truffles


Thanks to my BFF, Tina for making these and taking pics of them!
I'm beginning to notice an Oreo theme here.... I guess it just goes to show that if a recipe has Oreos in it, it's going to be a winner for this chick!  Here's a recipe that came from one of my favorite ladies. They are EXTREMELY addictive! Consider yourself warned.


1 pkg. Oreos, crushed
8-oz. cream cheese, softened
1 pkg. chocolate almond bark
*This is the original recipe I was given, however you can see in the pic that Tina also uses white almond bark when she makes them. Whichever you prefer will be simply delicious!

Melt almond bark in the microwave or using a double boiler (personally, I prefer the double boiler method after having a TERRIBLE experience with trying to melt chocolate in the microwave. I just put a bowl on top of a pot of boiling water and melt the chocolate that way.)
Combine crushed Oreos and cream cheese. Shape into 1-inch balls.
Using toothpicks, dip Oreo balls into melted chocolate.
Place on a cookie sheet that has been lined with wax paper.
Melt white almond bark and use a teaspoon to lightly drizzle it over Oreo balls after they have slightly cooled.
Refrigerate 2-4 hours or until firm.


No comments:

Post a Comment