Monday, July 4, 2016

Cornbread Salad

Happy 4th of July to everyone!! I know that most of you are already in the throes of your Independence Day celebrations and preparing your yummy dishes and I wanted to share the dish that I will be preparing for our dinner with friends later. I made this for my family reunion last year and it was a huge hit - it is very tasty and very easy to put together, again using ingredients that many of us keep in our cupboards. Hope you enjoy!!

Ingredients:

One pan of cornbread, either from scratch or from a mix (I love using Jiffy cornbread mix), baked and cooled
1 c. diced onions
1 bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 c. diced tomatoes
15-oz. can whole kernel corn, drained
1 lb. bacon, cooked until crisp and crumbled
1 c. mayonnaise
1 c. Ranch dressing

Crumble cornbread.
Add onions, bell pepper, tomatoes, corn, and bacon; Stir until combined.
Combine mayonnaise and Ranch dressing in a small bowl; then add to other ingredients; Stir until fully mixed.
Refrigerate for at least two hours to allow flavors to blend.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment