Wednesday, July 13, 2016

French Onion Chicken Noodle Casserole

This is the PERFECT comfort food-type dish! Seriously. I have made it twice now and both times when my husband and I take the first bite we just say, "Wow....." It is that good. And as always, it is SO simple! You can probably tell by now that I like simple recipes, huh? Enjoy!

Ingredients:
12-oz. bag extra wide egg noodles
4 c. cooked chopped chicken
2 cans cream of chicken soup
16-oz. container of french onion dip
1 c. fried onion pieces, crushed (I love using French's fried onions)

Boil noodles according to package directions*. Drain.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine soup, onion dip and chopped chicken.
Add cooked noodles.
Pour into greased 13 x 9-in. baking dish.
Top with fried onions.
Bake for 30-35 minutes.

*My husband is very particular when it comes to pasta. He comes from a Sicilian background and overcooking pasta is a BIG no no! So, I actually boil the noodles for a couple of minutes less than the package says, knowing that they will continue to cook in the oven, and they turn out perfectly every time! Also, don't forget to generously salt the water that you boil your pasta in - it is your best chance of flavoring the pasta!



No comments:

Post a Comment