Friday, July 29, 2016

Marinade

My husband works 12-hour rotating shifts and when he is on day shifts I try to prepare lighter meals because he usually goes to bed shortly after dinner. Tonight I used this marinade on chicken, then cooked the chicken in my grill pan and prepared some cabbage to go with it. It was the perfect light and simple dinner! Enjoy!

Marinade:
1 c. soy sauce
1 c. water
1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp. ground ginger

Combine all ingredients in a jar or lidded bowl and shake to mix well. Marinate meat for at least thirty minutes (I like to marinate it for at least an hour). Discard used marinade.

In case you are wondering how I prepared the cabbage, here goes:

1 small head of cabbage, chopped
3 Tbsp. butter
2 tsp. minced onion
2 tsp. garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste

Melt the butter on medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add cabbage and toss to ensure all leaves are coated in butter. Cook for a few minutes and then add onion, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat and cook until cabbage has reached desired tenderness.


No comments:

Post a Comment