Thursday, April 18, 2013

Bacon-Wrapped Apple Chicken

I haven't posted very many slow cooker dishes on here but don't take that as a sign that I am not a fan of using them! My slow cooker is my friend, especially on those days when I work later. It is so nice to have dinner waiting at the end of the day! I tried this slow cooker recipe just a couple of nights ago and it was SO delicious that I knew I had to share it with you guys! Hope you enjoy.

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (on this particular night I used 8 boneless skinless chicken tenderloins because that was what I already had on hand), lightly salted
1 cup sweet barbecue sauce (my favorite is Sonny's but of course use whichever brand you like best)
1/4 c. brown sugar (dark or light, whichever you have in your pantry)
1/8 c. lemon juice, fresh or bottled
5 small apples, peeled and chopped (I used red delicious but Gala apples would also work very well)
4-8 slices bacon

In a small bowl, combine barbecue sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice and apples.
Wrap each piece of chicken with a slice of bacon and place in greased slow cooker.
Pour barbecue/apple mixture over chicken and cook on low for 6-8 hours (4-6 if you use the tenderloins) or until chicken is done.




No comments:

Post a Comment