Friday, April 5, 2013

Tina's Chicken and Yellow Rice

I have a confession: I am in love with Spanish cuisine. Having lived in the Tampa, FL area for many years I was able to sample many Spanish dishes and fell in love with the food. Give this girl some palomilla steak or a fresh Cuban sandwich and I am in heaven on earth! Chicken and yellow rice is another one of my favorite Spanish dishes and I am so excited to share this recipe with you! It is fabulous! The recipe is supposedly very similar to the chicken and yellow rice dish at the famous Columbia Restaurant in Ybor City, FL, but I have never been there to compare the two. (Whenever I had a craving for Spanish food, which was often, I usually went here:http://laseptimacafe.com/).That being said, I HAVE tasted this dish many times and it is one of my favorites! This particular recipe makes a fairly large quantity but you can always cut the ingredient amounts by half. Hope you enjoy!

5 lb. chicken
6 c. chicken broth or water
1 1/2 c. tomato juice
1/2 green pepper, chopped into small pieces
1 med. jar pimiento
2 tsp. tumeric
2 Tbsp. salt
3 bay leaves
1 med. onion, chopped into small pieces
3 cups rice
3 cloves garlic, minced

Boil chicken and debone it.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Combine all ingredients except rice in large baking pan.
Put on stove top and bring to a boil.
Add rice. Stir well.
Cover and bake for 25 minutes. Remove bay leaves before serving.




No comments:

Post a Comment