Thursday, April 11, 2013

Salmon Patties


Here's another Southern classic. Their proper name is "Salmon Croquettes," but when I was growing up my family always just called them "Salmon Patties" and I'm going with that. I have fond memories of eating these at Granny's house and whenever I have them it takes me right back to being a kid sitting at her table. Hope you enjoy!

Two 5-oz. cans salmon, drained
2 eggs
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp. chopped onion
1/2 c. bread crumbs
Salt to taste
2 Tbsp. vegetable or canola oil

Combine all ingredients except oil. Form into patties.
Put oil in a medium-sized skillet and fry patties on medium-high heat until golden brown on each side. Place on a paper towel-lined platter to drain.

As you can see in my photo, it is important to keep an eye on these while they're cooking because they brown pretty quickly! Ah well, we can't all be Martha Stewart, now can we? LOL

*My mom always liked to put cane syrup on these because that's what she always did when she was growing up. I've never tried that because I'm kind of a purist on some things but if YOU want to, let me know how it tastes!



No comments:

Post a Comment