Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting



So I decided that since I featured a comfort food yesterday for Tax Day, I would continue that theme today. You can't EVER go wrong with chocolate, can I get an amen? I have made this recipe so many times (it is a standing request for one of my friend's birthdays every year) and it has impressed even my "foodie" friends. I love telling them that I used a boxed cake mix and seeing their response! Even cakes made from boxed mixes can be quite yummy if you tweak the ingredients a bit. Enjoy!


1 box Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Devil's Food cake mix (You can use the mix of your choice, but I am a Duncan Hines girl 100%!)
4 eggs
Milk
Vegetable oil
1 sm. pkg. JELL-O chocolate instant pudding mix

Prepare the cake mix according to package directions, except you will use milk in place of the water and 4 eggs instead of 3.
Stir in chocolate pudding mix.
Pour into two greased 9" round cake pans. Bake as directed.

While cake is cooling, prepare the frosting. You will need:

2 sticks butter, room temperature
8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
1 c. smooth peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 lb. powdered sugar

Cream the butter with your mixer on low speed, then add cream cheese and cream them together.
Add remaining ingredients and mix until smooth and creamy.
Once the cake has cooled, frost it and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment