Monday, February 4, 2013

Brenda's Banana Pudding

My friend Brenda has been making this for years and it is absolutely my favorite recipe for this Southern dish. If you like the old-fashioned cooked banana pudding with meringue on top, don't read any further. This is obviously NOT that recipe. If you are like me, though, and can hardly stand the thought of those blackened bananas, then this recipe is for you. Enjoy!

2 lg. boxes instant vanilla pudding
4 c. milk
2 8-oz. pkgs. cream cheese, softened
3-5 medium firm bananas
Vanilla wafers


Combine pudding, milk and cream cheese. Beat until as smooth as possible.
In a bowl layer vanilla wafers, sliced bananas and pudding mixture. Repeat layers.
Top with vanilla wafers.


2 comments:

  1. Find myself coming here so often I had to put your blog on my favorites list...I have not tried this before, but it sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! This is a great recipe - it's not overly sweet like others I've seen that use condensed milk. It's so simple to make, too!

    ReplyDelete