Thursday, February 28, 2013

Taco Soup

I was given this recipe by my friend, Debbie, and though I haven't yet tried it I cannot WAIT to do so! Looking over the ingredients I can see that this recipe is Weight Watchers-friendly, which isn't a bad thing. Although I intend to make it with lean ground beef, I am sure it would also be very delicious with ground chicken. You choose!

1 3/4 lb. ground chuck
1 large onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 (14 1/2-oz.) cans diced tomatoes
1 (16-oz.) can kidney beans
1 (16-oz.) can pinto beans
1 (16-oz.) jar salsa
1 (15 1/4-oz.) can whole kernel corn
1 (15-oz.) can black beans
1 (14 1/2-oz.) can chicken broth
1 (1 1/4-oz.) pkg. taco seasoning mix

In a Dutch oven, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium-high heat until browned; stir until meat crumbles, drain well.
Stir in tomatoes and remaining ingredients.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment