Monday, February 4, 2013

Marvelous Meat Loaf

I know, I know... you either love meat loaf or hate meat loaf. This recipe has passed the test of "meat loaf connoisseurs" that I know and love dearly, so I will pass it on to you. It really is quite yummy!

2 lb. extra lean ground beef or ground chuck
2 eggs, slightly beaten
Salt and pepper to taste
1 can Hunt's tomato sauce
1 medium onion, chopped 
1 bell pepper, chopped
18 Ritz crackers, crushed
1/2 c. ketchup
1/2 c. brown sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix all ingredients except ketchup and brown sugar together and place in a greased loaf pan.
Mix ketchup and brown sugar; spread on top of meat mixture.
Bake for approximately 2 hours.


*I have made this recipe without bell pepper for family members who don't like peppers and it came out just fine! I have also made this using a 9x13-in. casserole dish instead of a loaf pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment